Elliott Bay Marina Leukemia Cup Regatta
Elliott Bay Marina Leukemia Cup Regatta
About this event
We hope you continue to be well and safe. While the current climate and associated uncertainty has impacted our ability to hold the Leukemia Cup Regatta and post-race party, in supporting our commitment to the ongoing fight against blood cancers we have an exciting alternative to announce: the 2020 DIY Leukemia Cup Regatta & Virtual Post-Race Party, to take place on Saturday, August 8. Here’s how it works:
- Visit www.leukemiacup.org/wa and register your boat for free! If you register by July 25, we’ll mail you a Leukemia Cup burgee to affix to your boat, and this will give you access to participate in a virtual post-race party featuring a sponsored Gosling’s Dark ‘n Stormy toast! Registering your boat will also provide you and your crew with a fundraising page to help advance the fight against blood cancers. While COVID-19 is affecting so many lives in our area, it has an even more profound impact on cancer patients and their battle to survive.
Please join us, in helping patients and their families, by making a donation - even a small one - to your fundraising page, and ask others to help!
In addition to the Leukemia Cup fundraising incentives from Gill, Gosling’s and North Sails, we have some special, local, incentives as recognition for your fundraising in actively supporting the fight against blood cancers:
- Officially entered Leukemia Cup participants will receive a drawing ticket, each multiple of $100 in fundraising, (and we will be crediting the skippers that previously paid to enter, with the entry fee value counting as funds raised), including any verified, and recorded, corporate matching gifts (see the base of this e-mail for instructions on how to get matching funds recorded).
- If you, or your crew, prefer to forego a personal website and make donations through the Elliott Bay Marina Friends of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society donation site, you will receive a ticket for each multiple of $100 donated, (using the entered donation details), including any verified, and recorded, corporate matching gifts.
Depending on the number of active fundraising entries*, we will draw One, or Two, complimentary haul-outs from CSR Marine
* <$25,000 in event fundraising = One haul out drawing
> $25,000 in event fundraising = Two haul out drawings
We have just over $15,000 raised so far!
Double J Diving draw for a Hull and Running gear dive cleaning* for a 30-foot boat.
* Bottom paint must be a hard type and in relatively good condition. In-water cleaning of over-fouled bottoms and ablative/sloughing paints is prohibited. Deemed dive cleaning value may be offset against the actual cost of a larger vessel, or other Double J Diving service.
Go out for a sail on Elliott Bay anytime between today and August 8. Fly your Leukemia Cup Regatta burgee and take photos of your boat showing your Leukemia Cup burgee or banner, or Gosling’s Leukemia Cup hats. Post them on social media with the hashtag #leukemiacupregatta #leukemiacupsea and we’ll enter the posts into a drawing for a bottle of Malcolm Gosling signed, Family Reserve Old Rum.
- On Saturday, August 8th:
- Participants who registered by July 25, stop by Elliott Bay Marina (the patio area outside Maggie Bluff’s) between 9:30 and 10:30am to pick up your Gosling’s Dark ‘n Stormy fixings for the post-race party toast.
- Join in the pop-up sail event, which just like 2020 informal Thursday night sailing, is not an Elliott Bay Marina sanctioned event and marina staff will not be monitoring the radio or providing assistance for this sail the 6NM course from EBM breakwater platform to the Green pillar buoy off West Point, and back, (or wherever the wind takes you). [Shilshole friends - feel free to simply sail a reciprocal course between the West Point buoy, EBM and back home.] The ‘start’ will be at your own direction, at 11am, and the finish will be when you decide you’re done…
- After sailing, visit www.leukemiacup.org/wa for directions on our virtual post-race party and Gosling’s Dark ‘N Stormy toast, starting at 4 pm PT. We’ll have a short program and draw/present awards to fundraising participants.
Questions? Please contact McKenzie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank you very much for your help and support as we navigate these uncharted waters and help the patients and their families on the front lines of the cancer battle.