Leukemia Cup Regatta and Family Sail Day
Benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Hosted by the Eugene Yacht Club
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Fundraising event and fun lasts from 2pm to 8pm, Sunday, September 4th, 2016 at the Eugene Yacht Club on Fern Ridge Lake. Register now and your participation will help accelerate cancer cures!
Tickets are $30 for Individuals or $100 for families of four or more. VIP* tickets $50 a person. Additional donations encouraged.
*VIP tickets include a champagne and dessert cruise
** BBQ served lakeside prepared and barbequed on site by Hole in the Wall BBQ and Chef Michael Lambros. Dinner serving will be expertly taken care of by MLK Food Catering Program's trained High School Students.
- Silent auction of donated packages from many local Lane County-based businesses and restaurants.
- Beach for swimming, playground for the kids, supervised sailing lessons and sailing games for the kids on kid-sized sail boats.
- Sailing lessons and fun sailing for the sailing newbie adults as well!
- Cruises offered on the bigger yachts so you can really see the beauty of Fern Ridge.
- Paddleboard races and games.
- Volleyball games
- Zuma races
- Kids crafts
- Open swim area
- Guided sailing excursions
- VIP champagne cruises
- Dinner at 6pm. Local craft brew and cider and cold drinks for kids all served on site. Surprise Guest Speaker!
- Silent auction from 2 to 6:30. Champaign evening cruises. Begin at 6:30 and end at 8pm.
- There are full bathroom and shower facilities on site so come prepared to have a great family day, get some sand in strange places, and your hair blown back, without your needing to take any of the sand home with you.
- Interested in sailing but don't have a boat? Come out to the Eugene Yacht Club, located near Richardson Park on Fern Ridge, and enjoy a day on the lake, all while supporting a great cause. Register and raise funds, purchase tickets or donate to an event participant. By raising funds, you can help accelerate cancer cures and earn great incentives.
As the leading cause of illness death of children and affecting eight times as many adults, Leukemia needs our attention. The Leukemia Cup Regatta is doing its part to make a difference. Nationally the Regatta has raised millions of dollars for research and patient support services and has contributed over $400,000 to Lane County patients in the last 3 years. Please join us for this important event.
2:00 Gates open, little kids' crafts, volleyball courts, and swimming area open
2:30 First boats sail
3:00 Paddle board races by age (10-13 yrs, 14-18yrs, 19+)
3:30 Second round of boats sail
4:30 Zuma races (13+ with an EYC member & licensed sailors)
5:00 Third round of boats sail
5:30 BBQ w/music & silent auction
6:00 Speaker & dessert for purchase
6:30 VIP boats to set sail (Champagne cruise)