Welcome to the Long Island Chapter's Leukemia Cup Regatta Website!
The annual Long Island Leukemia Cup Regatta will take place on Saturday August 17, 2013 in Blue Point at Sayville Yacht Club.
Join Us at the Sayville Yacht Club!
Register your boat now and start raising funds or purchase tickets to one of our exceptional regatta weekend events.
You can raise more than a sail to help fight leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma by raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society while participating in The Leukemia Cup Regatta weekend of events. Captains, crew and non-sailors alike are encouraged to join in the fight to eradicate blood cancer. You can also make a donation in support of an event participant.
Fundraising is easy, just ask us how you can get started! Each participant receives a comprehensive fundraising handbook filled with incentives, event ideas and sample letters. We'll also help you set up an online fundraising website. Proceeds raised from the Regatta will help The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society fund blood cancer research and patient aid. With generous donations from local sponsors and the dedication of our fundraisers, the Long Island Chapter's Leukemia Cup raises well over $50,000 annually.
Schedule Of Events
-11:00am Registration and Skipper Meeting
Awards for racing to be given out immediately after the last race finishes.
-Approximate start time is 4pm
- Includes food, drinks, prizes, and great guest speakers!
Notice Of Race
1) Rules: This Regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
2) Classes: All PHRF, J/22 and J/24, Dinghy, Sunfish, 420 and Optimist class boats are encouraged to enter. PHRF boats may enter in Spinnaker, Non-Spinnaker or Margaritaville divisions. For PHRF entries, handicaps will conform to the GSBYRA (SBCC) handicap list or if necessary will be established by the Sayville Yacht Club. Additional classes may be included by registering a request for a start with the Race Committee.
3) Changes of the Rules: Race Signal AP is changed so that when displayed on shore the warning signal will be made not less than 30 minutes after removal.
4) Race Area: The waters of the Great South Bay, in the vicinity of Blue Point, NY
5) Sailing Instructions: will be available at the Sayville Yacht Club after 9:00am on the day of the event.
6) Schedule: Multiple races are planned for all classes and divisions on Saturday, August 17. The first warning signal for the PHRF Spinnaker Division is scheduled for 1230pm on Saturday. The warning signals for other classes will follow as soon after as practical. The order and number of starts shall depend upon attendance and will be announced at the Skippers? Meeting.
7) Skipper's Meeting: Saturday, August 17, 2013, at 11:00am, on the SYC deck.
8) Prizes: Prizes for racing will be awarded immediately after the last race is finished. Prizes for fundraising will be awarded during the Leukemia Cup Dinner Party.
Get your Yacht Club, Sailing School, or Marina Involved!
Long Island is the ultimate location for sailing, boating, and other water sports, as we are, well, surounded by water! The Sayville Yacht club event is open to all sailors from all clubs, and we would love to have you join us there, but we are also looking to expand to have more regattas on the island. If you want some more information on how to be part of the largest regatta program in the world, we are happy to assist you! Please contact Jamie Malloy for more details.
For more information, please contact Jamie Malloy at (631) 370-7556 or via email at email@example.com.